Some of the many factors our SEO website audits include;
Onpage SEO Services
Onpage SEO is the process of ensuring Google can crawl and rank your website pages in search engine results. Onpage SEO is anything you can directly influence on your website, namely content, structure, load speed and user design.
So, it’s all about what’s happening there on your web pages. It’s about making sure you have plenty of content that these web crawlers can easily understand. The more relevant, optimised content you have, the better your Google results will be.
IMA’s SEO experts are up to the task of first checking whether you have all the necessary elements of Onpage Optimisation and ensuring that you do.
Our Sydney SEO consultants consider your website’s:
- Accessibility – We ensure your content is available and can be accessed by anyone on any device ensuring functionality requirements are met.
- Page title tags and meta descriptions – These are not only the first things search engines read, but also what will appear on search pages, so they can’t be too long or short and should be catchy.
- <H1> and all relevant <H2> to <H6> heading tags depending on the content on page.
- ALT text for images – ALT text describes an image to a reader with a visual impairment. Additionally, ALT text can allow images to be discovered in search engine results.
- Internal links – These improve both user experience and keep readers engaged with your content. An excellent linking strategy will allow search engines to crawl and identify your most relevant pages.
- Duplicate content through your websites proper use or lack of usage of canonical tags
- Structured data – this is data which is presented in an ordered format (e.g. within a table or graph). Google likes this, so we help you incorporate it where possible.
- Formatting of URLS – Ensuring both spelling and grammar are correct. Our SEO consultants will also use best practice by using hyphens instead of underscores in your URLs to ensure search engines can properly crawl your pages.
- Broken links and HTTP status errors – Users don’t like these, Google doesn’t like them, nobody likes them. We ensure your website doesn’t have any.
- Breadcrumbs – These links, which allow users to track their path from the page they are viewing to your home page, are good for SEO.
Offpage SEO Services
While onpage SEO may be relatively straight forward, offpage SEO is equally as important if you want to both grow and rank your website.
Broadly speaking, this process is both acquiring links from external websites linking back to your content and acquiring links through various forms of promotion which link back to your content from external sources.
IMA's Sydney SEO consultant team use a range of techniques to ensure your offpage SEO is on point, these include;
- Blog/forum marketing - This is a great way of letting the market know that you an expert in your field, but you are motivated and dedicated enough to position yourself as a thought leader among your peers.
- Article submissions to relevant websites to establish your business as a thought leader in your industry.
- Search Engine Submissions. Website crawling techniques are not perfect, so sometimes search engines are not aware of all your relevant pages. Our Sydney SEO consultants are familiar with search engine protocols and can ensure your site is submitted properly for indexing.
- Content baiting - we are well practised at this technique, which is creating content designed to attract other content creators to link to your content.
- Make your site available on local listings - Google isn't the only place to find your website. Our SEO consultants make sure you appear on all relevant local directories.
IMA's Sydney SEO consultants understand that keyword research is a critically important part of any SEO strategy. Our SEO consultants have the experience and know all the techniques to ensure that you target the best keywords for your business and, as a result, rank as highly on SERPs as possible.
To do this, we follow these steps;
- Our SEO experts talk to you, our client, in order to develop an understanding of your business, your products, and your market. They study your website and those of your competitors.
- Starting with broad subject areas relevant to your business, and with the assistance of tools such as Google Analytics, they then come up with several possible keywords for each.
- We include a mix of head terms (short generic terms, usually of just 1-3 words) and long-tail keywords (longer phrases containing three-plus words).
This last point is important because, while head terms tend to attract a greater number of searches overall, they are also more difficult to rank for than long-tail terms. Through careful research, our SEO consultants can make the most of long tail terms.
Their experience and familiarity with the SEO landscape, makes it possible for them to take advantage of the fact that people who use long tail search terms tend to have more knowledge around the search topic, and to therefore be better business prospects.
Our IMA Sydney SEO consultant team recognise “Content is King”, a phrase that has been around since the advent of the Internet which still rings true. Put simply, if you don’t have the content that people want to see, view, read, or interact with, there really is no point having a website in the first place.
Well-written, SEO-optimised copy helps your website rank higher in search than your competitors in your niche and for keywords your business must target. Optimised content will convert drive traffic and convert leads.
IMA’s team of SEO consultants have a wealth of experience in the B2B space. Our SEO consultants they have the know-how to not only identify the most lucrative keywords for your business but also the skill to work them seamlessly into your content.
Our content creation service is not a one-size-fits-all proposition. Our SEO consultants look closely at each of our clients' needs and business conversion goals. IMA can then effectively tailor the right combination of content, whether that is case studies, news, articles or working on evergreen content to develop professional SEO optimised content.
Local SEO Services
Local SEO foremost goal is to rank organically, just as with regular SEO, the only difference is your business is targeting users within a geographically specific region.
For obvious reasons, a lot of businesses are only interested in finding customers from their local areas. For example, a plumber based in Melbourne would have no interest in being contacted by somebody in Perth with a blocked drain.
This is where Local SEO will help.
Local SEO involves a range of specific techniques and strategies to ensure your page ranks both organically and in your geographic region. At IMA, our SEO consultants utilise the most effective local SEO techniques for our clients which include;
- My business signals (proximity, categories, keywords in business titles).
- Link signals (inbound anchor text, linking domain authority, linking domain quantity/quality).
- Citation signals (Yellow pages, Name Address Phone Number (NAP) consistency, citation volume).
- Review signals (review quantity/quality).
- Behavioural signals (click through rates, mobile click to calls).
- My business signals (proximity, categories, keywords in the business title).
Technical SEO Services
Apart from making your website attractive to search engine crawling, you need to also ensure there are no technical factors preventing them from doing this. Technical SEO ensures they can access, crawl, interpret and index your website without any problem.
IMA Sydney SEO consultants offer full Technical SEO audits including:
- Running regular reports to identify issues including slow page load speed, duplicate content and broken links.
- Ensuring your URLs all have HTTPS status by installing an SSL certificate – this is critically important for SEO and the security of your websites data.
- Checking your website’s XML sitemap status – again, this is worth doing because it allows search engine crawlers to navigate through your web pages.
- Checking for keyword cannibalisation (which occurs when two or more of your web pages are competing for the same keywords). Our SEO experts can to easily rectify this problem by deciding which page should be given priority and therefore kept.
- Checking for duplicate metadata – we take the time to ensure all your web pages have their own unique meta descriptions.
- Checking your websites robots.txt file to ensure only the appropriate pages are blocked from search engine crawling.
- Optimising meta description length - to ensure this snippet meets desktop and mobile word count allocations.
Backlinking does two things. It increases traffic to your website and helps establish you as significant, authoritative voice in your industry. When people see that your online presence extends beyond your own website and realise that you know what you’re talking about, they are likely to start seeing you and your business as relevant and trustworthy.
IMA's Sydney SEO consultants have the expertise to tailor a comprehensive link building plan that does just this. There are several ways we can do this, including:
Creating shareable content – This is the practice of creating quality, relevant content (infographics/video/informative content) and inviting others to share it, along with a link back to your website.
- Guest posting – Guided by our SEO experts, IMA copywriters can write engaging, topical articles for submission to third party websites. Also known as influencer marketing, this is not only an attractive proposition for these external sites, but also has the added benefit of boosting your traffic.
- Syndication – Much like guest posting, content syndication refers to the practice of promoting your content on well-known platforms like LinkedIn Publishing, Reddit, and Google+.
SEO Copywriting Services
Unlike print material, online content has two purposes. Apart from informing and/or entertaining the reader, it helps attract more readers.
IMA’s SEO experts identify keywords and phrases that are relevant to your market. By skilfully incorporating these into your content, our experienced copywriters can provide you with all the benefits of optimised content without diminishing its quality, relevance or readability.
Our copywriters understand that this process isn’t about just loading web pages with the ‘right’ keywords and expecting traffic to immediately grow. It is about identifying worthy subject matter that they would write about even if SEO wasn’t a consideration, and then incorporating relevant keywords into their copy without detracting from its quality.
IMA copywriters understand the importance of not just keyword density, but also other key factors like keyword positioning, keyword variation, and article length. This knowledge allows our SEO consultants and copywriters to dynamically adapt to the ever-changing SEO landscape to improve your rankings on an ongoing basis.
Our SEO consultants will ensure your website is informative, competitive and can attract a relevant audience, ultimately converting to sales and leads.